What-ho, dear Readers and Writers!
Ecce! Mere moments before the Royal wedding and but weeks before the darling buds of May are shaken, this fantabulous blog has received a fresh start.
First of all, apologies for laying low for a while, but we are now back in action and happy to tell you that our next anthology, The Globetrotter’s Companion: A Collection of Creative Travel Writing, will be published on the 24th June 2011.
We have included the shortlist here below, for those of you who have not memorised it already.
- Lisa Abellera – Paris and Souvenir
- Susan Campbell – 32 degrees below zero
- Richard Pflum – Descending from Ten Thousand Feet at Sunset
- Tom Rain – I Climb the Mountain
- Mary Sexson – A Winsome Traveler on the Boat
- J. J. Steinfeld – Distant from Everything and As You Fall Through Space
- Marco Brando – A Night of Moon and Sea
- Joslyn Gadwah – Segovia
- Shalini Gunawardana – Mother Lanka
- Heather Maxwell – Crazy dream
- Michael Stein – Crossing the Vltava
- J. J. Steinfeld – At the Height of Tourist Season
- Christine Tongue – Connected
- Greg Watts – Welcome to the Hotel Karaoke
- Rachel Willis – Portraits in Public Transportation
- Regina Winkle-Bryan – Renegade or Operation Panty
And perhaps a couple of mystery guests to boot…
We have also decided, however, that rather than risk making you and your fellow readers, writers and poets wait again, this next printed anthology will also be our last for a while. This does not mean the end of Lion Lounge Press, however – not even by far! Instead, the Lounge will undergo a minor metamorphosis and focus rather on publishing of the digital variety. A change, we hope, that will allow for more ‘rapid-fire’ publishing, so to speak – more content, more frequently. More about that to come, so be sure to report back.
On that note, enjoy what remains of April, dear Friends.